Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Like a kid again.

Back when I was 4 years old, all I needed was a pile of dirt and my arsenal of Tonka trucks to keep me in a perpetual state of bliss. After several birthday parties, I had acquired a pretty respectable fleet of kid-sized excavating equipment. The bulk of the earthmoving jobs were done with my front end loader, dumptruck, and the bulldozer- my pride-and-joy (I think I slept with it at night!). I must've pushed that dozer a thousand miles, converting seemingly useless piles of dirt into butter-smooth 14" wide super-highways. NOTHING else mattered. Three decades and 8 years of higher education later, here I am back in the sandbox. The work is a little harder. The weather feels alot harsher. And ironically, even though I'm building a house, a dream, and a future, it all seems less significant than it did 30 years ago. Funny.

No comments: